Monday, March 17, 2008

Investing in People

There's lots of chatter in the nervous stock markets about where's the best area to invest.

Tonight I was at the Irish Association Club for a St. Patty's day event. With me were two of my children and three other teens from our community along with another dad. The reason we were there was to listen to the three teens sing a song they had learned on their own - more or less. They performed a song they learned from a Rankin Family CD - in gaelic! The first time I heard them was about last Wednesday at the Southeastern Manitoba Festival: I was so proud of their accomplishment, I thought more people should hear them and they should get more opportunities to sing. Fast forward four days and they played to a very appreciative audience and had a fabulous experience to boot.

I am glad we started this group to encourage Arts and Culture in Niverville. Tonight was a perfect example of why we are doing it. We are investing in people and that's always a good market.

1 comment:

Brian the Mennonite said...

Fantastic!
I'm thinking this is going to be the first in a very long line of related stories.
You rarely hear of these kinds of investments not having a significant return.
Good on ya, Rod for doing this. I'm excited for the very near future and the potential of seeing even more of these kinds of efforts.